Perpetual Improvement Process
Eckerd Kids is an effective, performance based, outcome driven organization. To be effective requires that we establish and achieve life changing outcomes for our children and families. Eckerd Kids establishes outcomes for each program focused on satisfaction with services, improvement based on the service delivery and long term impact after service delivery.
Through our Perpetual Performance Improvement process, data showing actual performance on outcomes is collected monthly as Scorecards. It is then formally reviewed by Eckerd Kids Staff, Program Leadership and the Eckerd Kids’ Quality Team.
Where program outcomes are off target, Program Leadership and the Quality Team agree on specific actions to be taken to bring performance back on track. When performance exceeds expectations, best practices are developed and shared among the programs.
As a performance based, outcome driven organization, Eckerd Kids has a strong focus on collecting, analyzing and acting on qualitative and quantitative data. Through our Perpetual Performance Improvement process, outcomes for each program are reviewed monthly to ensure program models are consistently followed and executed to standard. The following data summarizes outcomes from the 2015/2016 reporting year.
- Parent/Guardian Satisfaction – 99% were satisfied or strongly satisfied with services
- Client Satisfaction – 99% were satisfied or strongly satisfied with services
- Social Skills Gains – 96% of youth who entered below average improved social skills
- Mental Health Gains – 97% of youth who entered below average improved mental health function
- Reading Gains – 95% of youth made grade level improvements to reading skills
- Math Gains – 94% of youth made grade level improvements to math skills
- Completion Rates – 91% of youth successfully completed services
- Success Post Program – 88% of clients reported continued positive well-being 12 months after program completion
Eckerd Community Alternatives
- Safety – 99.98% of children under supervision were seen every 30 days by their caseworker as required
- Health – 99% of children receiving timely medical services
- Permanency – 49% of children entering care achieved permanency through reunification or guardianship within one year, exceeding the national target of 40.4% and making Eckerd Kids a leader in child permanency
- Adoptions – 590 finalized adoptions took place between July 1, 2014 and May 30, 2015
- Success Before 18 – 94% of children in care achieved permanency before the age of 18