Becoming a foster parent will likely be one of the most challenging — yet rewarding — tasks of your life. If you are interested in learning more about becoming a foster parent, we encourage you to read our frequently asked questions and attend a free orientation session. You can sign up for an orientation session by contacting any of our offices directly.
To be a foster parent, you must:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have adequate sleeping space (a bed for each child placed in the home)
- Demonstrate stable housing and income
Steps to Foster
- Get started by contacting us to sign up for a free orientation session.
- Hillsborough County: (866) 233-0790 or email us
- Pasco and Pinellas counties: (866) 233-0790 or visit this page
- Get information at an orientation session that will explain what is needed to become a foster parent and answer your questions.
- Get trained at no cost to you. You’ll learn about children in foster care, and you’ll start to understand their trauma, working with bio-parents, understanding developmental stages and behaviors, and much more.
- Get licensed to ensure that you, your family and your home are prepared and safe.
- Begin being a foster parent and providing a child with a second chance.