Through the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services and Our Community Our Kids, Eckerd Kids provides foster and adoptive care services in North and Northeast Texas, including the Dallas-Fort Worth area. There are thousands of kids and teens currently in the Texas the foster care system. They are in need of loving foster parents who can give them a safe and welcoming home that can help them bridge the gap until a permanency goal is achieved.
Eckerd Kids offers free training to interested individuals and couples living in North and Northeast Texas. If you want to impact the life of a child in care, we encourage you to contact us today.
Steps to foster
- Get started by completing the form below. You may also contact us at (214) 941-4435 or email email@example.com.
- Attend a free orientation session that will explain what is needed to become a foster parent and answer your questions.
- Get trained at no cost to you. You’ll learn about children in foster care, the trauma they might have faced, working with biological parents, understanding developmental stages and behaviors, and everything else you need to be successful.
- Become licensed to ensure that you, your family and your home are prepared and safe.
- Begin being a foster parent and providing a child with a second chance!
Interested in becoming a foster parent or have a question not covered in the FAQs? Contact us today!