There are thousands of children in the foster care system right here in Florida’s Pasco and Pinellas counties. They are in need of loving foster parents or families who can give them a safe and welcoming environment that can provide them with temporary care.
Eckerd Community Alternatives | Pasco & Pinellas offers free training to interested individuals and couples. If you want to impact the life of a child in care, we encourage you to contact us today.
Steps to Foster
- Get started by emailing ECAlicensingfoster@eckerd.org, calling toll-free (866) 233-0790, or completing the form below.
- Attend a free Foster & Adoption Parent Orientation session. Orientation will explain what is needed to become a foster parent and answer your questions.
Live Orientations: Register to attend at one of our Pasco-Pinellas meeting locations by submitting the form below.
Online Orientation: Watch our video orientation at your convenience. Register Now!
- Get trained at no cost to you. You’ll learn about children in foster care, the trauma they might have faced, working with biological parents, understanding developmental stages and behaviors, and everything else you need to be successful.
- Pass a background check, submit required documents, and have a home study completed to ensure that you, your family, and your home are prepared and safe.
- Get licensed and start providing a child with a second chance!
Interested in becoming a foster parent or have a question not covered in the FAQs? Complete the form below to have us contact you.