Eckerd Kids’ Brevard Family Support Services provides assistance to children and families in Brevard County, FL that are experiencing homelessness. Services include one-time financial assistance, case management, referral to counseling and parent training services. Family coaches for case management actively assist families in accessing community resources to secure housing, work skills training programs, employment opportunities, transportation, medical services and other needs. These intensive services are aimed at reducing the length of time families remain homeless. Additionally, a case manager working in the school system assists students experiencing homelessness in maintaining academic performance and participation in extracurricular activities.
- Assist families in meeting basic needs
- Collaborate with the Brevard County School District, local agencies, and students in transition or who experience homelessness to prevent decline in academic performance
- Train schools in areas related to homelessness identification, services, and awareness
- Assist families in obtaining transportation for children to medical and educational services appointments
- Work with community stakeholders to connect families with opportunities that will assist with their transition out of homelessness
- Assist families in gaining access to available community resources, training on employment retention, and refer them to employment opportunities
- Develop a family plan to prevent repeated homelessness
Anyone needing assistance must meet our eligibility criteria:
- MUST reside in Brevard County, FL
- MUST have substance use history
- MUST be experiencing homelessness or be at imminent risk of homelessness (received 3-day notice)
Scan and email the completed forms to BrevardHousing@eckerd.org. If you are unable to email the forms, please fax them to (321) 735-8105, or deliver them to our Rockledge, FL office in Brevard County.
Once the entire application packet is received, you will be contacted by an assigned case manager within 2-3 business days. Clients requesting move-in assistance must have an identified landlord and submit the completed Form W-9 with the application. Checks are processed 10-14 days after the submission of a completed application Checks will be mailed directly to the landlord or utility company.
Questions? Contact us at (321) 735-7249 or (321) 253-0032 ext. 6.