In partnership with the Hillsborough, Pasco and Pinellas counties school districts, Eckerd Kids’ Fostering Education Initiative provides school guidance counselors and social workers to Tampa Bay area foster children ages 0-18 in licensed care. Eckerd’s Education Specialists are available to help case managers, foster parents, and relatives navigate the system to connect youth to educational supports.
Our objective is to ensure that each youth served by Eckerd Community Alternatives receives the appropriate educational supports necessary to achieve academic excellence. Our goal is to help foster youth successful transition to post-secondary institutions, including vocational and technical schools.
- Quarterly training to case managers about services available to foster youth ages 0 to 5.
- Enrollment assistance for the various local Head Start/Early Head Start programs.
- Assist in identifying additional educational resources necessary for children enrolled in grades K-12.
- Assist in enrolling youth in our on-site adult education program.
- Track the academic performance of all youth in-care to ensure they are connected to educational support needed to remain on track for graduation.
Services are free of charge and only available to youth ages 0-18 currently being served by Eckerd Community Alternatives, a Florida lead child welfare agency. To be eligible, foster youth must live in Hillsborough, Pasco or Pinellas County, must be a client of Eckerd Community Alternatives and must reside in licensed foster care.
For more information or to refer a foster youth to this program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (813) 228-0731. Please fax documents to (813) 228-0840.