Admissions are evaluated according to these guidelines, but also on a case-by-case basis:
- 12 – 18 years of age
- Evidence of ability to benefit from peer and/or adult relationships
- Capacity to relate to the concept of “cause and effect”
- Demonstrated behavioral problems of such magnitude that continuation in the home environment is no longer a feasible or practical option unless significant intervention takes place
Exclusionary criteria include:
- Girls who have acute substance abuse issues requiring detoxification
- Girls who have extreme medical conditions prohibiting safe participation in an adventure-based outdoor setting
Admissions are accepted year-round on a rolling basis.
Eckerd Kids is one of the nation’s leading nonprofit providers of services for children and families. Our tuition rate of $225 per day is often lower than comparable for-profit boarding schools and therapeutic programs. We also don’t charge any additional fees for applications, processing, equipment, etc., unlike many similar programs.
Upon acceptance into Eckerd E-Nini-Hassee, we require a deposit of one month’s tuition prior to admittance. The deposit will be applied to the last month of treatment. Invoices are mailed monthly at the beginning of each month. For your convenience, we also accept VISA, MasterCard and American Express.
Once our clinical team determines the appropriateness of E-Nini-Hassee for your daughter, you may be asked to complete a financial information document. Please note that this is a confidential document that is securely held in our Business Office.
Additional Discounts Available*
Pre-paid Discount: An additional 5% tuition discount is given to families who prepay a minimum of six months of their child’s stay either through personal funds or through educational loans. At the end of six months, this discounted rate will still be available to families committing to additional treatment for their child as long as the remaining time in the program is prepaid. Otherwise, the rate will revert to the standard rate.
Second Child Discount: 10% discount for any child who has a sibling in the program.
Military Discount: 5% discount for any child who has a parent actively serving in the military.
*Please note: While the second child OR military discount may be combined with the pre-paid discount, families may not combine all three discounts.
Ready to Apply?
There are three simple steps to the admissions process:
- Complete our initial online application
- Complete the financial information form and fax to (352) 726-3260
- Fax clinical notes or psychiatric evaluation to (352) 726-3260